- From Science...
- Following our goal from Science to Regulation we develop instruments and methods that will help industry to meet the current standards in the global regulatory systems.
- The approaches will help to protect the environment and the human health. Our research will contribute for developing monitoring tools for chemicals and moreover, by developing a deeper understanding of the cumulative chemical and other accumulative properties of chemicals that influence environmental fate, exposure and biological responses, which will lead to improved chemical assessments.
- Finally, sustainable risk management approaches can be developed that can be scaled up and delivered to decision-makers.
Development of hazard and safety assessment tools for chemicals and their mixtures in the environment
- 1. Computational toxicology
- • Prediction of mixture toxicity using advanced computer models
- • In silico approaches as alternatives to animal tests
- 2. Alternative ecotoxicity assessments
- • Alternative toxicity testing for assessment of chemicals and its mixtures
- • Low dose of chemicals effects for chronic toxicity
- • HTS based 3D Cell on a chip fabrication
3D tissue culture and Ecotox on a chip fabrication
- 3. Development of rapid chemical analysis and metabolomics monitoring
- • Monitoring of environmental contaminants using POCIS and HPLC-MS
- • Analysis of recalcitrant organic pollutants
Food chain metabolomics monitoring and analysis